Friday, September 19, 2008

RAID is a MUST HAVE!



Living right up against the Provo mountains has some great advantages. The scenery is beautiful, we see deer quite often (which I also hit with the car quite often) and the there are hiking trails right in our backyard. However, there are some not so great things. Each summer it seems we deal with SpIdErS! I hate spiders and it seems as soon as the weather gets warmer they start making an appearance in our garage.


This is typical of what we see. They are HUGE! So we keep a handy bottle of Raid in our garage. I have gotten quite brave and killed a few of these ugly things myself. Earlier this summer we finally got our house sprayed for spiders and actually haven't seen any for quite a while...until tonight!

Here is our experience...We were just wrapping up a great evening filled with shopping and dinner at Cafe Rio. We drove home tired, worn out and ready to go to bed. We pulled into our garage and Matt gets out of the car. I was gathering some of our things when I hear Matt yell.

"Sharon, get the Raid!"


I look in Matt's direction and see these 2 long hairy legs peeking out from the wall of diet coke that is lined up in our garage. Of course this just sets my heart racing and I couldn't do anything but scream and the only thing Matt can do is keep yelling at me "get the Raid, get the Raid, it's a TARANCHULA!"

By this point I am freaking out and immediately feel like spiders are crawling up my legs, but somehow I was able to give Matt the Raid. I stood way back so I couldn't see the ugly thing. Matt sprays and sprays and sprays until a cloud of Raid was forming above his head (which now we are laughing about) but it did the trick and killed the stupid thing. After my episode of freaking out and opening the garage door to get some oxygen I was finally able to bring myself to look at it. I had to get my camera because my description of the incident does not to justice to just how big, hairy, and ugly this thing was. eew! I sure hope I can sleep tonight!





Just to get an idea of how big it is Matt put a quarter right next to it.


The discard into the garbage...sick!

The list of things Matt has killed with Raid
1. Ants
2. Medium and Large spiders
3. Taranchula
4. Mouse (I believe Lisa has accomplished this too)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is a big spider!!!

Renae said...

Oh my (lots of swear words!) There are not even enough bad words to properly express my reaction to that post!! Just when I thought you couldn't top all your previous disgusting posts/pictures...

Laura said...

CREEPY! Seriously that gives me the chills. I hope I never see a taranchula in real life. SCARY!

Teri said...

That is nasty. It is a good thing that Matt was home. I would have put a cup over it and ignored it hoping that Jason would discard it when he got home.

Lisa said...

Raid Rocks! I think you should have kept it for a pet. Enjoy the rest of the dc in your garage....if you dare touch it.

Stinsonian said...

That makes me shiver. We used to get tarantula's at my house growing up... so glad that's not the case now. Way to go Matt!

Adam and Nikki Johnson said...

Holy cow! Adam and I both stared with our mouths wide open at your pictures. Yuck! My skin is crawling just thinking about it. Better start buying Raid by the case. Good thing it wasn't in the house. Our sympathies go out to your guys!

Chris and Deb said...

All I can say is I am glad I don't have those at my house...How scary spiders are!!! I have never seen spiders like that in Utah before.

Mike said...

creepy! i do not want to get near those Amanda xoxo